- (2014/10/07) The Executive Committee of EASIAM is seeking candidates for the next EASIAM officers: President, and Vice President. The elected officers will serve for a two-year period from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2016. The Executive Committee invites EASIAM members to submit qualified candidates for consideration.
A complete nomination package shall consist of:
(1) A nomination of candidates. The candidates shall be regular members in good standing with SIAM.
(2) A nominator and a seconder of the nomination.
(3) Short biographies of the candidates
Nominations for officers should be emailed to the Secretary of EASIAM, Professor Weichung Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org) before October 14, 2014.
- (2014/04/30) The three winners of 2014 EASIAM Student Paper Prize are Kensuke AIHARA (Tokyo University of Science), Qinglin TANG (National University of Singapore), and Jiang YANG (Hong Kong Baptist University). The ranks will be determined in the EASIAM 2014 after the winners present their papers in a special session of the conference.
- (2014/03/28) Two EASIAM members, Masakazu Kojima (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan) and Tai-Ping Liu, (Academia Sinica, Taiwan), were elected as 2014 SIAM Fellows. Congratulations to them! (SIAM Fellows: Class of 2014)
- (2013/10/12) The 10th EASIAM Conference will be held during June 23-25, 2014 at the Ambassador City Hotel, Jomtien, Pattaya, Chonburi, Thailand. The conference will be organized by the Mahidol University in Thailand. This conference will be the academic conference of this organization focusing on research exchanges among scientists in the East Asia regions. For more details, see the conference web at "http://cem.sc.mahidol.ac.th/easiam2014/".
- (2013/04/25) The three winners of 2013 EASIAM Student Paper Prize are Xiaohao Cai (The Chinese University of Hong Kong), Yuto Miyatake (The University of Tokyo), and Wei Yang (Xiangtan University). The ranks will be determined in the EASIAM 2013 after the winners present their papers in a special session of the conference.
- (2013/04/02) SIAM News published the article "New Momentum for Applied Mathematics in East Asia" in its March, 2013 issue.
- (2013/04/02) Two EASIAM members, Prof. Raymond Chan (The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong) and Prof. Sze-Bi Hsu (National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan), have been elected to be in the class of 2013 SIAM Fellow. Congratulations to them!
SIAM Fellows: Class of 2013
- (2013/03/10) Two new free online resources for students and applied mathematics professionals from SIAM: Careers in Applied Mathematics and Mathematics in Industry